Wednesday 12 October 2011

The Spat

I've always cherished my relationships with the people in my life. My previous post about friendship was a little insight about my friends and how I feel about them. I also posted about my dreadful relatives. Well, now, I'm going to combine both posts together.........


My cousin, Noise Pollution, is going out with a friend of mine - let's call her Sandpaper. Yes, she's that rough! I've always been very supportive of their relationship and have always thought that they're well suited. In a previous post, I mentioned how Noise Pollution & other relatives tend to talk sh!t and act high and mighty towards everyone. The latest "sh!t talking" occurred only a few nights ago.


Sandpaper and Noise Pollution were teasing my sister and antagonising me, too. Unbeknownst to my sister, the dirt hit the fan. Actually, my sister didn't know they were even teasing her, but I caught on as soon as a comment on a popular social network surfaced. I immediately defended my sister and before I knew it, I was being verbally attacked by two people who my sister was always close to. I thought to myself that it's inappropriate to discuss such issues publicly, so I called Sandpaper who, unsurprisingly, was with Noise Pollution.


What started as a quiet and mature adult conversation quickly transformed into an ugly spat. In fact, plenty of monosyllabic words were used, and I don't ever recall saying so many at a time. The girl my sister and I had both considered a close friend had turned on us, and although I'd love to blame Noise Pollution and his ruddy influence, it's not his fault. Like I said earlier, they're a perfect match. She'd always had it in her, so I'm relieved that I found this out personally and not from someone else.


After all was said & done, I told Sandpaper to lose my number and not even think about stepping a foot in my house. She's been cut out of my life like half of my relatives. The only problem I have is that I'm going to see her at a function in a few weeks time. I'm sure I'll write about that when it happens, and I'm sure it'll be an interesting meeting between us. I haven't told my parents or sister yet, but they're pretty bright and will notice it in no time at all.


Bring on the fun & games in three weeks........

No comments:

Post a Comment