Sunday 1 January 2012

New Year's Eve Celebrations

It's not too often that I get excited over New Year's eve celebrations, but this year was much different. My friend and I had made a booking at a popular restaurant on the outskirts of the city with a first class view of the fireworks display.


Ten of us walked in the door and found ourselves in a jam packed environment of adults, young and old. Upon our arrival, we were shown to our table which had the perfect view of the harbour. Before we could blink, seafood platters, appetisers, alcohol, and munchies were laid out before us. I think we had consumed approximately four and a half bottles of alcohol before it was 10:30pm. 


At 11:50, everyone was summoned to the balcony as we all awaited the pending fireworks. Funnily enough, everyone was quiet and silently drank their beverages. The countdown had started..... 5, 4, 3, 2,1.... As soon as the first set of fireworks had started, people started cheering, others were sharing their midnight kisses, while we were filling up our now empty glasses.


Unlike my birthday, this night went off without a hitch and I couldn't have been happier. It was there and then that I made my new year's resolution: I was determined to stay single and steer clear of heartbreak for at least 12 months. Let's hope I can keep this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment