Sunday 25 September 2011

Friends

The greatest things in life come for free - family & friends. I believe that I'm truly blessed to have the greatest family and most supportive friends anyone could wish for.
My best friend has to be my friend from elementary school - I previously referred to her as The Giant in another post. She, without a doubt, is indispensable. When I had my scoliosis operation (there will be several posts dedicated to scoliosis), she would wait for me to carry my bag and books for me. I never recall her complaining about it to anyone and she would joke about how one of these days, I'd return the favour. Sixteen years later, our friendship is still as solid as ever. We've done everything together from going on holidays to going ballistic at a Bon Jovi concert. I will never forget her high - fiving everyone when he started singing Living On A Prayer. She casually rings up and says :"I'm starving, so I'm coming over to your end of town for some sushi". My "end of town" is about half an hour away. She does this every few weeks. I'm telling you, she's a nut, but I love her to bits. Bring on October because we both have a busy month!!
Next on my list would be Bass-man. He's someone I've known for about five or six years and he's truly amazing. This guy seriously has the IT factor. He has looks, talent, personality, modesty, humour and lots more. In a lot of girls' eyes, he's perfect. If I didn't love him like my own brother, then hell, I'd go for him, but it's a bit awkward haha. Since I've known him, Bass-man has given me advice on everything ranging from family, friends, guys, relationships, work - everything! If I've ever needed to vent, he's the person I turn to. He also says the most random things at the right moment. The Bass-man is unique and as long as we're friends, I'll always need him. 
Persian Princess is someone who can relate to everything I've been through these last couple of years. We've both had our health scares, lost people we cherish, and had interesting relationships. I wrote about Persian Princess in my blog "The Case of the Ex". She's the friend Clyde caused problems with. Just to touch on that, when we weren't speaking, she decided to approach me and recommended burying the hatchet. I think that pretty much sums up just how good a person she truly is. We text almost every day and have pledged to meet up at least once a month. I truly wish, from the bottom of my heart, that Persian Princess is blessed with the one thing she wants. Fingers crossed for her.
Scorpio is a unique thirty something year old I've known roughly as long as Bass-man. Ironically, they're both Scorpios - I know the irony eh? Scorpio has had a fair few bummed relationships, career changes, and interesting holidays. He lives inter-state, but I wish he was closer. We have a lot in common, mainly our love for zodiac signs. I think the shortest conversation we've ever had over the phone  is about and hour and a half. Like Bass-man, Scorpio's given me lots of advice, but it's usually about my love life. He can name every guy I've mentioned to him, dated, fought with, loved, or just perved at. Presently, in terms of love, I'm at a crossroads, and he's managed to find his dream woman - in Poland! He's brought her over and I've heard nothing but amazing stories about her ever since his return. I couldn't be happier for him.
Mr Red is someone I work with at work. No, he doesn't have red hair. Red just happens to be the colour of his cigarette packet. I've known him a little over a year and we've shared lots of stories and problems. He actually warned me about my relationship with Clyde. We were all out for drinks and I spoke with Mr Red and asked him :"What do you think about Clyde?" His answer was : " I'll let you know on Monday". When we finally spoke on Monday, he said "Enforcer, you need to forget about this guy. He's selfish, and he's a player. Trust me on this one". Being the stubborn arse I am, I didn't listen. The great thing, though, is that he never said "I told you so" and he's always supported me. Mr Red loves my mum's cooking and can't stop asking for it - he's even offered to pay her! God love him, but I could never do that to him. Instead, he gets his goodies for free.
Nomad is also someone from work that I'm getting to know. She's unique, well spoken, patient, and above all, beautiful inside and out. We haven't known each other long, but she's definitely left a lasting impression on me. I'm surprised she hasn't told me to piss off yet because I'm one of the noisiest people you can work with. She recommended blogging to release my negative energy and to express myself. I think it's slowly working and her idea, as always, was brilliant. Nomad and I are both ex teachers, have a love for the road, and get along like a house on fire. Since I've been sick, she's always reminded me to take my medicine and urged me to see a doctor when she believes it's urgent. In return, I'm feeding her lots of chips and chocolate. Hey, it's all from love and I'm eating the stuff, too. We understand each other and she knows that whenever I get on her nerves, all she has to do is tell me. She knows when I need a hug, when I need to vent, or just need a walk. Thank you, Nomad! xo.
Hopefully, wherever life takes me, I'll be able to make friends as great as the ones in this blog. They're incredibly special and unique for different reasons. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment