Tuesday 22 November 2011

Giant's Birthday: The Aftermath

If you go back to my post yesterday, I mentioned that Crystal Blue's behaviour towards Giant's ex, Mechanic, could lead to some tension. Well, believe it or not, it did.


Giant texted me a couple of days later wondering if I'd noticed Crystal Blue's demeanour and undivided attention to Mechanic. I was a bit hesitant at first, but I had to be honest with Giant because our friendship goes back 17 years! I explained that I'd been keeping an eye on CB all night and that I didn't approve of her behaviour, and that I didn't want to say anything because the last thing I'd wanted was to stir problems between my two closest friends. Giant went ahead and vented for about two hours.We even exchanged emails while at work.


As much as it cut me up that Giant was hurting, I couldn't get involved and kept telling Giant that it was all probably blown out of proportion. Maybe Crystal Blue was trying to mediate between Giant & Mechanic and help bring them back together. Giant was unconvinced, but deep down knew that Crystal Blue wouldn't run after her best friend's ex flame. This had all taken its toll on Giant and she failed to sit for her university exam. I don't ever recall seeing her so depressed, hurt, and confused.


Fast forward 2 weeks, Giant sends me another email at work telling me that she'd spoken with Mechanic. He had admitted that CB constantly messaged him and called him especially after speaking with Giant about him. All the secrets and conversations had been exposed. This was definitely the turning point in Giant & CB's friendship, and there were definitely trust issues now. As much as I tried calming Giant down, it didn't work. 


Giant, Lanky & I met up later that week for lunch and a much needed vent session. I had to clarify to both where I stood and how I refused to come between two friends. Giant was more than understanding and knew that everything would blow over in due course.


 We'd agreed to go down for CB's birthday in February and act as if nothing had happened. Something tells me though that things will escalate further then. Let's hope, for once, my instincts are wrong and that we'll have a trouble-free weekend...unlikely perhaps?








No comments:

Post a Comment