Monday 5 December 2011

Overboard

Today at lunch time, I did something I haven't done in quite some time - gone on a spree. I'm not talking about a girl's usual clothes spree. No, I went on a book spree.


When the clock struck 12, Mr Red & I walked down to the local book store in search of an autobiography for Australian cricket star Brett Lee. Frankly, that book was the only reason I was going down there because I wanted to get it before his book signing tomorrow. After finding the book, yours truly didn't even head in the direction of the nearest counter. Instead, I asked one of the book store employees for some recommendations for classics and literature. After the first book came another, then another, an another, and I eventually walked out with nine books and left $160.80 poorer.


It's not that I don't have enough books at home because somewhere in my room lies 24 unread novels. Even I must admit that I'm such a genius. As a means of motivation to finish those books, I'm going to endeavour to finish a book a week (provide nothing and no one interrupts me), and write my own critique and recommendations. I've always wanted to be a member of a book club, so I might as well start my own as the sole member.


My first book will be Mary Stewart's 'This Rough Magic'. It's meant to be a mystery novel. Well, here I go......

No comments:

Post a Comment