Monday 5 December 2011

Something to Look Forward to

If you've been reading my posts, you'll know that I've recently been successful in obtaining a new role within the company I currently work. Well, I'm down to my last 4 business days, and I'm starting to get a bit anxious. I'm very much looking forward to what lies ahead, but I'm going to miss everyone I've had the privilege to work with over the past few years.


My last day is this Friday, and to go out with a bang, I've got my farewell drinks with all the people who mean a great deal to me. I'm going to miss Nomad's honesty and quirky stories, Mr Red's random bitching, and so much more. I know that I'm going to make some new friends and build some new professional relationships in my new role (oh did I mention it was at another branch?), but there are so many people I don't want to leave behind. Friday will undoubtedly be quite emotional, but I suppose if I want to move forward and build up on my success, I need to let go of certain things and certain people.


Moving from one branch to another will benefit me greatly. I won't have to dread running into Clyde every morning. Maybe that's the best thing about the move - being able to finally let go of the one person that kept me in the big city. As much as I'd hate to admit this, I was clinging onto a bit of hope for quite some time and refused to move forward, I refused to let go, and above all, I refused to forgive and forget. Now's definitely the time to do all of that. If he texts and asks to meet up for lunch or drinks after work, I can finally tell him he's on his own.


So long Clyde, and hello to a new beginning......

No comments:

Post a Comment